ECITB SBT02 – Assemble and Install Small Bore Tubing with Cone & Threaded Medium and High Pressure Module
Minimum estimated trainer to learner contact time six hours, minimum of four practical exercises consisting of coning exercise, threading exercise, marking out/cutting/prepping and bending tube and marking out/cutting/prepping and bending rolled offset.
- Differences between twin ferrule fittings and coned and threaded connections.
- Coned and threaded connection tubing requirement.
- Coned and threaded connection overview.
- How to measure tubing for coned and threaded connections.
- Coning and threading process (using manual tooling).
- Coned and threaded connection installation (assembly, disassembly and reassembly).
- Tube and component selection.
- Tube and component storage and handling.
- Tube and component installation and maintenance.
- Tube and component assembly, disassembly, reassembly Common do’s and don’ts.
- Differences between taper and parallel threads and how to identify both.
- Thread lubricants, sealants and tapes and how to use both correctly.
- Tube cutting.
- Tube de-burring.
- Tube bending.
Practical exercises include:
- Manual Tube Coning.
- Manual Tube Threading.
- Cone and threaded fitting installation.
- Marking out/cutting/prepping and bending tube gain.
- Marking out/cutting/prepping and bending rolled offset.
Learners can only access this module if they hold an ECITB Small Bore Tubing Twin Ferrule Approved Course certificate taken in the previous six months or have attained the TSBT01 Assemble and Install Small Bore Tubing Assemblies –
Twin Ferrule technical test.